LAW ON HOSPITALITY ACTIVITY (Official Gazette no. 85/July 2015)
A new Law on Hospitality Activity was passed in 2015 and it came into force at the beginning of August 2015.
The Law prescribes the following:
This Law regulates the manner and the conditions under which physical persons and legal entities may perform a hospitality activity.
Harmonization with EU legislation
With this Law the provisions of Directive 2006/123/EC of European Parliament and Council of 12 December 2006 on services at domestic market (SL L 376, 27.12.2006.) are transposed to the legal order of Republic of Croatia.
Among others, we would like to point to the following:
Article 30 regulates the Hospitality Services in Households
- 1. Hospitality services in households may be rendered by a physical person- renter.
- The renter may be a citizen of Republic of Croatia and other states of European economic area and Swiss Confederation.
- The following are covered by the term “hospitality services in households”:
- Accommodation in rooms, apartments and vacation homes owned by the renter, with up to ten rooms, i.e. 20 beds which number does not include the supplementary beds
- Providing breakfast, half- board or full board as part of service of accommodation in rooms, apartments and vacation homes.
Article 31 regulates Minimal Conditions for the Type and Categorization Requirements.
Article 32 covers the Renter’s Obligations.
Article 33 regulates the Stay of Persons in Rooms, Apartments and Vacation Homes Considered as Rendering Hospitality Services in Households.
Article 34 covers Decrees on Approval for Rendering Hospitality Services in Households.
More on Law on Hospitality Activity- Official Gazette 85/July 2015